The Car Stalled But the Engine is Running

Strange, isn't it? How things can be going nowhere but yet you're still moving.
Yes, we are still on the Keto train. We are actually enjoying it. I've never said that about a diet (or lifestyle) before.  We have no plans to stop...we are doing this for a year. No excuses.


And if we like what we see and how we feel after a year, hell even if we don't, after a year it will be habit and most likely we will continue beyond our self-imposed timeline. We already see changes. We already feel better. And it's only day 15.

When I said the car is stalled but the engine is running? Well, that's just a euphemism for my weight has not changed, but I am still sticking to the diet. And this is OK. Especially since I bought some new clothes because overall I have lost inches, even if I haven't lost more weight.

Losing inches is not the end-all-be-all, but it is a significant milestone.
I mean, I am wearing pants that are two sizes smaller than my jeans. That is significant.
Granted, they are stretchy pants and not immoveable denim. Still, I will take any win where I can. And I'm choosing to take this as a win.

I'll just need to buy more pants like what I'm wearing!

More importantly, I feel really good.
I am not discouraged by the lack of motion on the scale.
I feel alert.
I feel focused.
I feel .... like I can do this. Like this is sustainable.

Over the weekend the husband and I went kayaking. I wore a tank top- in public!
I wore jogging leggins. In public!
This is huge!
This is just an outward sign of my inner self feeling better about how I look.

So, what am I going to do about the scale not moving?
Nothing, really.

Except drink more water.
I've been severely lacking in the H2O department.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Heaven! Keto Ice Cream!

Day 11 - Not Exactly Discouraged

Protein for the Masses