A Little Fall(out)

Over the weekend of the 6th, the husband and I went three hours south to a friends house for yard camping, bonfire enjoying, bbq eating, fun. We didn't eat Keto...but that was planned. We had fried alligator, biscuits and gravy, and glorious doritos!
A 'beer float' planned for saturday...which was a blast.

What I got to experience of it, that is.

You see, I fell....down the side of the put-in point and landed smack in the river.

Thought I broke my ankle.

So I paddled to the nearest take-out point, which wasn't really a take-out point, where my husband called the paramedics.
It was so steep, and muddy at the bottom, they had to wench me up the side, to a waiting emergency 4-wheeler, with a ride through a farmers field (sorry soybeans!) to the waiting ambulance.

The ER doc said it wasn't broken, but sprained and strained.

Huh. Coulda fooled me. It hurt like the dickens!

He gave me a walking boot and left....and I couldn't walk in the boot. I couldn't stand any pressure on the foot at all.
So the nurse gave me crutches and off I hobbled.

I missed the beer float (there's always next year!) but I did have everyone sign my walking boot!


Needless to say...the weekend took us OUT of ketosis.

As of three days ago, we *finally* made it back into ketosis.
That was a struggle. But we made it!

And to prove it, I bought a blood-ketone and glucose monitor.
I'm proud to say, it's a medium ketosis, but it's there.

Even after eating (breakfast was 0530 and reading was taken at 0745), my BG is 86...they want it  >140 two hrs after eating. I think I qualify for that. :)
And my ketone level...well, it's a pretty thing.
I found ketone levels vary for everyone, but the basic consensus is:

and that's great for me, because I'm in the middle of that! Go me. I'm not doing workouts or running a marathon, so this is perfect for me. Now when someone asks me if I want a frosted sugar cookie? "Uh, No thanks. I'm in ketosis!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Heaven! Keto Ice Cream!

Day 11 - Not Exactly Discouraged

Protein for the Masses