Protein for the Masses

It seems that I was 51.3 grams of protein short for the day yesterday. This is really not good. I need to up my protein because if I don't, I will lose muscle mass and that is bad, m'kay?

If an egg has around 6 grams of protein, I would need to eat about 8 1/2 eggs. Uh, no. Not gonna happen. I'm not that fond of eggs to begin with. My husband can eat a couple hard-boiled eggs a day for breakfast, or a snack, whatever. Me? Not so much.

For me, I love chicken. White meat chicken. I could eat it 3 meals a day, 7 days a week.
Chicken is one of those meats that take on the flavor of what you cook it with...and there's so much variety in what you can cook, it tastes great, and different every time.

A 4-ounce piece of chicken breast is approximately 124 calories, 1.4g fat, 0 carbs, and 26.1g protein.
So I could eat 8 oz of chicken and call it good.

I guess I will need to carry a cooked piece of chicken with me all the time in case I run low on protein. HA!

Of course, if you have a better way for me to get just protein, let me know!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Heaven! Keto Ice Cream!

Day 11 - Not Exactly Discouraged