Day 11 - Not Exactly Discouraged

We have been doing well on our lifestyle change. I mean, in the first eight (8) days, I've lost 15 pounds. How awesome is that?
Except..........


Measurements tell a better story...but, the scale hasn't moved going on three days now.
Yes, I *know* I shouldn't stare at the scale. That's not the main reason I am doing this.
I'm doing a year of Keto to get in better health....the weight loss is grand though.
And a great assurance and encourager. Logically the weight I've lost so far is mostly water weight. I know this...but...

So when the scale doesn't move but .1 or .4 in a day...well, I know I'm over-expecting what I should see happening.

It *IS* very easy to become obsessed with the numbers on the scale. Especially for those of us who have tried every diet, trick, and fad out there. We just want real, lasting results.

And that's the key...results.
What I know logically is that results take time.
Each day, individually, make up only a sample of the overall results picture.
The trend takes many of the individual days and puts them together for a larger view of the overall results.
Results* take *time.

I am NOT discouraged.
What I am now is *determined.*

I *want* to make that scale move in the correct direction. I want to see results as I go.
The researcher in me says to keep looking at the scale every day....keep measuring each week....pinpoint where the change occurs....and keep going to see if different results occur.

I just wish society hadn't imprinted their stupid "skinny is healthy and beautiful" bullshit on me from a young age.

The husband is losing weight faster than me. And I hate to admit, but he now weighs less than I do. And it's the unspoken elephant in society's living room that it's more acceptable for men to be overweight than women. I hate society. Seriously. Take your judgments and shove it!

I'm losing weight and getting healthy.
I feel good, physically.
Why should my brain tell me otherwise?
Asshole brain.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Heaven! Keto Ice Cream!

Protein for the Masses