Electrolyte Drop- Bet I won't Do That Again!

Last weekend I got over-exerted. I was doing fine, until I wasn't.
I felt my electrolytes dropping...but I wasn't done doing the work I had to do so I took a mini-break and kept on.
Which meant I had to take another mini-break a little while later.
And another one where I had to sit or I would fall over.

A couple three years ago I ran a 10k. I forgot to eat breakfast that morning, and we drove 4 hours to the race. By the time we got half-way through the race, I sat down and couldn't go on.
I ended up being picked up and driven back to start and forced to sit in an a/c vehicle while they shoved dorito's and pizza at me.
Which, if anyone knows me, when I am overheated, etc., I don't want to eat.

This was just like that.
And I felt it coming on.

And I hate to admit that. But it was my own dumbass fault.

I did eat breakfast. I had the ultimate Keto smoothie.
But that wasn't enough.
I forgot to take into account the exercise depleting me and needing nourishment.

Silly me...I thought kayaking for five hours, having 3 cheese sticks rolled in ham and not having a problem would mean I wouldn't have a problem doing three hours of hard work with nothing to eat.
I'm an idiot sometimes.

I am now making sure I take my trace minerals daily.
I cannot allow that to ever happen again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Heaven! Keto Ice Cream!

Day 11 - Not Exactly Discouraged

Protein for the Masses