Buttons Off

I am continually amazed at how little I eat compared to how sated I am after I eat.
Before Keto, I may not have eaten much throughout the day with approximately the same number of calories, but it was the wrong food(s). I wouldn't eat much, then have one big, carb-y meal somewhere late afternoon or early evening. Which more than made up for the lack of eating during the day. And as you know, carbs are not your friend.

Carbs are acquaintances. Not friends.

Something that has taken me discovering Keto to realize. Boy am I glad I did!

Progress so far has been slow on the weight loss front. Still. Some more. And when I say slow, I mean it's still happening, just not super-duper-fast and unrealistic like I want. LOL
But my energy level, which was high before Keto, is now actually better. Let me explain. No, there is too much. Let me 'sum up....

I've always had a high energy level. Fat, but energetic. When my kids were younger, I was told, 'Mom, we don't want you to lose weight, we can't keep up with you now!' (That made this fat momma feel good LOL)

But that energy level was due more to determination than physiology.
Now my energy level is more natural, based on my body's need to move. Not based on my life situation which forced me to do all and be all for my children.
My energy level now is easy. I don't have to force myself to do things. I just do them because it's not a problem. I have sustainable movement throughout the day. And what's great is, it's usually without exhaustion.

Of course, I do still have a day or two here or there where the day itself exhausted me simply because the day was overloaded or over-emotionally-exhausting.

Even days that are overly emotionally exhausting are not as often. Which tells me that my ability to focus, comprehend, compartmentalize, prioritize, and execute has improved. Yay for better brain function!

This morning I was able to wear a pair of jeans of which I previously popped the button off. And yes, I'm wearing them without a button. But they're not falling down or unzipping because of the fabulous results of the ketogenic diet. I've lost two inches, and almost 20 pounds since June 5th when I started. That's 17 days!  How amazing is that?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm in Heaven! Keto Ice Cream!

Day 11 - Not Exactly Discouraged

Protein for the Masses